House Conspiracy's Emerging Artist Residencies program is the first of its kind in Brisbane.
Emerging Artist Residencies
House Conspiracy is the first dedicated residency space of its kind in Brisbane. Over the course of a year we will be curating and facilitating dozens of Brisbane’s emerging creatives in undertaking valuable collaborative and experimental residencies within the space. Everything that is created or that takes place will be documented, and it is this documentation—physical and digital—that will make House Conspiracy a valuable long-term reference point for the artists selected to make their mark on the space.
Between February 2017 and February 2018, 68 Brisbane-based artists will be given private space for their use in creating new works over a series of Residency cycles. Four multidisciplinary practitioners will be facilitated during each period.
The ‘multidisciplinary’ label includes but is not limited to:
• Visual artists
• Writers (fiction & nonfiction)
• Poets (page & spoken word)
• Performance artists
• Mixed-media artists
• Playwrights and theatre-makers
• New-arts practitioners
• Interactive & digital artists
Note 01: emerging arts groups, collectives, and companies are able apply for the Residencies program, though sufficient reasoning for their team-based application must be provided.
Note 02: at this time, out of respect for our neighbours, sound artists are not currently able to apply for our Residencies program. House Conspiracy apologises for this.
Note 03: if you have previously participated in a Residency you are not eligible to apply again.
Residencies will give artists the opportunity to work in a private studio and across House Conspiracy’s collaborative spaces to produce new work. If selected to be part of the Residencies program, artists will receive the following:
• 24/7 access to House Conspiracy for the residency duration
• Their own private studio space
• A $300 stipend to put toward their practice
• Professional documentation of their work and processes
• Audio- and text-based interviews discussing their practice
• The opportunity to work alongside three other artists during their residency period
• Access to collaborative networks of talented practitioners from different disciplines
• The opportunity to showcase their work in the House Conspiracy space
The residency program will have a focus on collaboration, and artists will be encouraged to work with each other as well as parallel to each other.
The one rule is this: each artist must leave a physical mark on the space, changing it in some way, no matter the medium they work in.
There will be quarterly callouts for artists, and there are no costs for artists associated with the residencies program.
Residency applications are now closed.
Join our mailing list below to hear about new opportunities at House Conspiracy first.