House Conspiracy's Emerging Artist Residencies program is the first of its kind in Brisbane.
House Conspiracy x Anywhere Theatre Festival
NOTE 01: to apply this residency round, you must have already registered to be part of Anywhere Theatre Festival.
We are pleased to announce a one-off Residency cycle in partnership with Anywhere Theatre Festival. Up to four theatre companies will have the opportunity to partake in the House Conspiracy residency process, allowing them to access the House Conspiracy space for rehearsals in advance of Anywhere Festival, during which they will be able use the House as a performance space.
We're excited to see radical uses of the House Conspiracy space by a diverse range of practitioners. Subversive, innovative, and exciting theatre and live art is what we're looking for most in this application process. Blow our minds with what you wanna do.
House Conspiracy is the first dedicated residency space of its kind in Brisbane. Over the course of a year we will be curating and facilitating dozens of Brisbane’s emerging creatives in undertaking valuable collaborative and experimental residencies within the space. Everything that is created or that takes place will be documented, and it is this documentation—physical and digital—that will make House Conspiracy a valuable long-term reference point for the artists selected to make their mark on the space.
If selected to be part of the House Conspiracy x Anywhere Theatre Festival Residencies program, artists will receive the following:
• 24/7 access to House Conspiracy for three weeks
• Professional documentation of their work and processes
• A $300 stipend, (refunding their Anywhere Theatre Festival registration fee in addition to a contribution from House Conspiracy)
• Audio- and text-based interviews discussing their practice
• The opportunity to work alongside three other groups during their residency period
• Access to collaborative networks of talented practitioners from different disciplines
• The opportunity to showcase their work in the House Conspiracy space
The residency program will have a focus on collaboration, and artists will be encouraged to work with each other as well as parallel to each other.
The one rule is this: each group must leave a physical mark on the space, changing it in some way, no matter the nature of their performance.
There are no costs for artists associated with the residencies program.